CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

AM Workouts

I can't believe I'm going to admit this...I LOVE working out in the mornings! Yesterday, Mindy and I didn't work out until the evening and I was grouchy and tired all day. This morning it was rough dragging myself out of bed at a quarter to six but it's amazing how much more energy I have because of it! Plus, I get it over with right away in the morning so I don't have to psych myself up all day to work out when the day is almost done. I think I'm an a.m. convert!

My good friend Nanci came to visit Jack and I in Palisade today and I made healthy ground turkey wraps. They're so easy and delicious. Just brown 1 lb of ground turkey and stir in a few tsp of Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning. Then spread a whole wheat tortilla with light sour cream, add the meat, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, and you have one yummy low-fat lunch!

Weight Loss Reason #14- I seriously want to weigh less than my husband!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so glad that you are liking the AM workouts! I agree that it does make the day much better and I think it makes the week go by a lot faster, too! It sucks having to wake up so early but it's a great trade-off for having the evenings wide open!!

YAY to us. We are coming up on ten days here pretty soon and we are still going strong!!! Keep up all the hard work, Amy!!!

Staab Boys said...

I'll never be converted!! Good for you though. Baseball was cancelled tonight, so I'm free to sneak out to the gym and to the grocery store. Busy day tomorrow so I'm hoping to make it to my meeting if not 7 am on Thursday. Hoping for a maintain after Vegas. I didn't eat terribly... one day we only ate once... okay it was a buffet but I was thinking about my choices... crab legs...no butter. Anyway, maybe I'll surprise myself. I'll let you know.
You're in your zone... keep your eye on the prize!